There is a big shortfall between the amount of food we produce today and the amount needed to feed everyone in 2050. There will be nearly 10 billion people on Earth by 2050—about 3 billion more mouths to feed than there were in 2010. As incomes rise, people will increasingly consume more resource-intensive, animal-based foods. At the same time, we urgently need to cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from agricultural production and stop the conversion of remaining forests to agricultural land.
Keeping all of these things in our mind, at Smart Being we believe that we have to look for better and efficient ways to grow our food. We developed many futuristic systems for growing different types of vegetables and fruits in the indoor environment throughout the year.
We founded the company in Bhopal India with the vision to provide healthy food for the urban population of the country. Since our systems don't require any type of pesticides, the food grown in it is rich in nutrition and safe to eat. Therefore our main clients are the people living in the urban areas of India who do not have access to fresh and healthy food.
Key Features of our solutions
- It requires 70-90% less water.
- Require 10 times less space.
- Very less use of pesticides.
- The vegetable will be delivered directly to consumers in less than a day.
- Efficient delivery of macro and micronutrients directly to the plants
- Vegetables and Fruits grow in all seasons.
- No effect due to climate change.
- It requires very little energy and a reduction in greenhouse gases.
Sudhir Jain getting featured on National News Channel Rajya Sabha tv for Smart Being